- Skip the Cutscene to open the fight. This also skips Ook's first attack of cutting two Baba Serpents off the ceiling.
- At the start, Ook can dance around to taunt the player before he starts jumping around.
- Ook will jump from pillar to pillar. He will jump at least twice, after which he can jump again, throw the boomerang, or taunt the player and then jump as you approach.
- When Ook throws the boomerang, he can be knocked off the pillar by Link rolling into it.
- With the Master Sword, a Jump Attack into a Quickspin (hits twice), followed by a stab, finishes the fight in one round.
- With the Ordon Sword, a Jump Attack into a Quickspin (hits twice), followed by a stab, causes a second round. Repeating the same attacks the second time he's knocked down finishes the fight.
It is actually possible for the game to crash on this fight. If Ook is knocked off his pillar the frame the boomerang returns to him, the boomerang will be in Ook's hands rather than resting on the pillar. Killing Ook at this point crashes the game, since the cutscene with the boomerang afterward can't play properly. See the video below for an example of this.
Last updated 04/22/2018