Discovered By Glitchesandstuff
Hookshot Jump using boots is a 3DS exclusive trick used to shoot upward to extreme heights.
- Equip the Hookshot/Longshot and either the Iron or Hover boots.
- Stand by a surface that the Hookshot will grab and hold the Hookshot.
- Look up and then let go of the circle pad, while Link is returning to his neutral position, switch boots, this method is also known as Inverted Hookshot Jump.
- More height can be gained off of an Inverted Hookshot Jump by aiming a bit higher than Link's head.
- You can free the camera during any form of a Hookshot Jump by releasing L target right before you shoot off into the air. This can be useful for navigating through the air as you are falling
- Walls/Edges can be grabbed out of a Hookshot Jump.
- Bonk into a wall while holding L and having hookshot in hand, mash the hookshot.
- On Link's third (or second sometimes) head turn, tap the hookshot on the first frame the reticle appears (when his head begins to turn right).
Backwards Hookshot Jump
Normally you can't do an Inverted Hookshot Jump off of torches, because they are so short, however if you go next to them and aim up so Link clips inside, you can do an Inverted Hookshot Jump.
Last updated 05/09/2017