Discovered by ZAR12344
- Catch an item in a bottle so that the bottle is in link's hands.
- Hold target (Z/L).
- With the bottle still in your hand, press and hold R to shield.
Almost straight away after pressing R (one or two frames), press the button for the bottled item.
Note: you must wait a second or two when holding target before performing the glitch otherwise you will not be able to cancel back out of it.
Using a Gossip Stone
Discovered by Siglemic
- Find a Gossip Stone and stand in front of it so that the A icon says 'check'.
- Pull out the Ocarina of Time.
- Quickly press/mash B to cancel.
- Navi's text should pop up and time stop with be activated.
Discovered by GlitchesandStuff
- Lower your health to 1/2 heart or lower.
- Locate a heart drop.
- Stand a little more than a sidehop's distance from the heart and drop a bomb.
- Just before the bomb explodes, sidehop towards the heart (this can also be done with a backflip or jumpslash).
- If timed correctly, you should be hit down to 0 hearts in the air and then grab the heart, activating time stop.
- After activating time stop all control stick inputs will move link relative to the way that the camera was facing when you performed the glitch. This usually means the controls are inverted. By performing inverted camera before doing the glitch, you can get the controls of link to be mostly normal.
- Time Stop can be cancelled using c-up in almost all circumstances with a few exceptions. Opening a chest will disable C-up, C-up may not be used while swimming in water, C-up may not be used if the bottle variant of the glitch was performed too soon after targeting. In these cases a transition to another area will be required to cancel the glitch.
- Although the A button still functions for most things, you will not be able to open doors.
- The bottle method is most commonly used, as it can be done anywhere where you can use a bottle, whereas the other methods require very specific situations.
- By opening chests that have a cutscene while time stop is active, it is possible to duplicate bottles into all of the empty bottle slots of you inventory. It is also possible to duplicate heart pieces an almost infinite number of times.
- While time stop is active, link won't put away the bottle in his hand while swimming in water. A Zora egg can be caught from a pirate's fortress tank, and then timestop while in the tank will allow zora to swim out of it without removing the bottle from his hands.
Last updated 01/16/2015